Once you understand your current state, you must make reasonable forecasts regarding the impact Knowledge Management will have on your organization. The Knowledge Management vendors may offer to assist you with developing your ROI. Some vendors provide well-tuned and complex models. To simplify things, let’s examine how some of the benefits can actually be converted to dollars. Before we begin, we need to make some assumptions about the support center.
While these numbers may vary in your organization, the assumptions provide an example for this discussion.
- Number of cases per month is 5000
- Average cost per case is $40.00.
- Average cost per escalated case is $150.00
- Average burdened cost for a support professional is $70,000.00
- Average talk time for first contact is 12 minutes
- Average talk time for escalated calls 18 minutes
- Time require for a new hire to be productive is 6 weeks
- Number of new hires per year 8
- First call resolution rate is 40%
Here are some great White Papers on this topic https://www.givainc.com/white-papers/index.htm
Source: Joslin & Associates