Welcome Help Desk Institute Visitors!
As a visitor to HDI, you have unrestricted access to our whitepapers and Excel spreadsheet tools.
25 Questions for Measuring Service Desk/Help Desk MaturityDownload Spreadsheet
This 25 Question Assessment Excel spreadsheet provides a simple and quick method for gauging the maturity level of your Service Desk/Help Desk
This Service Desk/Help Desk Assessment Excel tool has 5 sections:
- Processes & Best Practices-How well defined and documented are the Service Desk/Help Desk processes?
- Organizational Integration-Is the Service Desk/Help Desk a valuable contributor to organization success?
- Technology Optimization-How mature are technology solutions?
- Staff Development-What is the professional level and commitment of the Service Desk/Help Desk staff?
- Information Management-How well does the Service Desk/Help Desk utilize metrics for customer satisfaction, call reduction, root cause and self-improvement?
To determine the maturity level of your Service Desk/Help Desk, compare your score with the information found on the Maturity Index tab. The Maturity Index is scaled from a high of "Actualized" which operates in a fully proactive mode with clearly documented processes and full integration with the rest of the organization, to a low of "Nonexistent."
- Help Desk Best Practices - What Features and Functions You Should Look For in Help Desk Software
- Customer Service Best Practices - What Features and Functions You Should Look For in Customer Service Software
Tough Questions to Better Evaluate & Qualify Any Software or Cloud Vendor
- Part 1 - Ten Tough Questions to Better Qualify Any Software or Cloud Vendor
- Part 2 - Twenty Tough Questions to Better Qualify Any Cloud Vendor
- Part 3 - Ten More Tough Questions to Better Qualify Any Software or Cloud Vendor
Avoid 8 Major Mistakes When Buying Any Software or Cloud Service
- Do Check Signers Have Significant Pain?
- Are Funds Approved and Set Aside?
- Learn Latest Help Desk and Customer Service Best Practices
- Determine Problems with the Current Call Tracking System
- Document Feature Needs & Requirements
- Ask Vendors Tough Questions Early and Often
- Compare the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) of All Vendors
- Important License Agreement Terms