Top 100 Law Firms Replaces FrontRange HEAT with Giva Cloud Computing
Business Case to Replace FrontRange HEAT
A top 100 law firm was looking to significantly lower costs and increase attorney satisfaction with the IT help desk. Giva assisted the firm in highlighting pain points that check signers were living with because they did not know of a superior solution at a lower cost. Giva assisted this law firm in building a business case to replace FrontRange HEAT. After Giva helped highlight check signer pain, a 30-day production pilot was approved, and thereafter, the firm purchased the cloud-based Giva Service Management Suite™ to replace FrontRange HEAT.
It is critical to understand the pain points from the perspective of check signers such as the Executive Director/COO/ CIO/ IT Director. In over a decade of experience engaging with customers, Giva has found that there must be strong, deep and very significant pain that check signers feel in order to motivate them to sign a check for a new IT help desk application purchase.
Summary of Business Results with Giva
- Check signers can now access to real-time KPIs/Metrics/Reports, Dashboards and "Broadcasts" with an easy-to-use interface
- "Report Guru" is no longer required. Any IT person can access the reports they need.
- Annual cost for Giva is significantly less than FrontRange HEAT
- Eliminated a production server, a test environment, and expensive database licenses
- Significantly reduced ongoing hard dollar and soft labor costs for "care and feeding" of FrontRange HEAT
- Knowledge base and FAQ increased first call resolution and was also exposed to the attorneys/staff for self-help
- Giva access anytime, anywhere in the world with just a web browser. No client software required.
- IT infrastructure changes are now funneled through a formal approval cycle
- IT infrastructure changes are now highly visibility across IT departments
- Attorneys/staff can view "Broadcasts" of major outages
- Outside service vendors are tracked with respond and resolve service level agreements (SLAs)
- Single call tracking system with independent service desks for each service departments: IT, Library, Conflicts, Facilities, Copy Center, etc.
- After 9 months, a knowledge base increased first call resolution from 60% to 82%
- After 12 months, attorney satisfaction increase from 3.1 to 4.3, or approximately a 38% increase.
- After 6 months, since IT change requests now required approval, coordination and documentation, infrastructure outages decreased by 29% without purchasing any new hardware or software
Law Firm IT Help Desk Whitepapers
- How to Build a Virtuous Cycle for IT Technical Support: IT Help Desk Best Practices from Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP, an Award Winning Top 100 Law Firm