Do check signers have significant pain?
- Understand pain points of CIO/VP Customer Service
- Significant pain must exist for senior management to sign a check
- Giva White Papers will help you "listen" for pain statements
- Tell vendors your pain. Otherwise, they will ignore you
Are funds approved and set aside?
- Check in with CIO or VP Customer Service
- Don't invest time until given iron clad assurance that funds are available
- Determine what you are already paying for application maintenance
- Find a cloud based replacement product for less money than annual maintenance
Learn latest IT service desk or customer service best practices.
- Prepare to ask vendors tough questions with confidence
- Prod and poke at vendors...you lead the questioning
- Acquire best practices fluency: first call resolution, service level agreement compliance, root cause analysis, customer satisfaction surveys, KPIs/metrics, dashboards, etc.
- Subscribe to Giva Blog & review Giva White Papers. Join "Linked In" groups, industry associations and user groups
What are problems with current call tracking system?
- Hire consultants/technical experts, if necessary
- Call vendor CEO; list of issues ready to send.
- Proposal to fix? Cost, timeline, guarantees
- Is fixing less expensive vs. buying a new application
What are feature needs/requirements?
- Obtain feedback from all stakeholders; prioritize the list
- Use Giva's Needs Assessment Tool as a starting point
- Check signers like a rigorous quantitative analysis
- Share requirements openly with short list of vendors
Ask vendors tough questions early and often.
- Early on share complex "must have" & "deal killer" requirements to eliminate vendors
- Ask for an estimated price quote. Is it in your budget ball park?
- Ask for customer case studies and references
- Poke and prod, listen carefully, get it all in writing
What is the total cost of ownership (TCO) of all vendors?
- Calculate TCO of all vendors for applies-to-apples comparison
- Acquisition costs only 30% of TCO over 5 years according to Gartner Group
- Ongoing lifetime costs vary significantly between vendors
- Compare cloud vs. on premise hosted software licenses
What are important license agreement terms?
- What happens if stop paying annual maintenance?
- Arbitration clause - inexpensive means of recourse
- SLAs for product support & reports to measure SLA compliance
- Termination clauses
On-Demand Application Hosting
High Reliability & Security - Giva Hosted Software
For customers that select the Giva On Demand Software™ option,
Giva hosts the Giva Service Management Suite™ in a highly
reliable and secure environment with Verizon Business, a leading provider of
Web and application hosting services for some of the world’s leading companies.
Tour of Verizon Business Data Center
Giva understands that IT infrastructure reliability is a key to a business success
and provides an application uptime Service Level Agreement (SLA) with financial
penalties for non-compliance.
Verizon Business Hosting
Verizon Business hosts some of the most complex e-business sites operating today,
including Ford Motor Company, United Airlines, Standard & Poor’s and Dupont
Pharmaceuticals. With secure, scalable, high-performance hosting solutions,
Verizon Business supports organizations in all markets, including electronic
retailing, online banking, online procurement and front- and back-office
applications. With continuous network monitoring and maintenance as well as
rapid response and resolution, Verizon Business ensures that the
Giva Service Management Suite™ is available 24 x 7 x 365.
To ensure high availability, Verizon Business hosting service includes:
- Fully managed IT infrastructure and best-in-class technology,
processes, and people
- Enterprise-class servers
- Redundant Web and database servers
- Redundant Internet connections
- Load balancing
- Daily incremental back-up and weekly full back-up of all data
- Data available for download
- Complete disaster prevention and disaster recovery infrastructure with
data back-up, archival, and recovery capabilities
- 24 x 7 x 365 proactive systems monitoring
- Certified network engineers available 24 x 7 x 365
- SAS70 infrastructure certified by Ernst & Young
- Server, network, and physical security testing certified
by Cybertrust, Inc. on a quarterly basis
To ensure the security of your data, Verizon Business hosting service includes:
- All data encrypted with industry standard 128-bit SSL to ensure data confidentiality and integrity
- Users are authenticated with a confidential user name, password and company ID
- Servers protected by Check Point Firewall-1® to guard against unauthorized access