Quickly Determine the True Character of Vendors
How can you more quickly qualify and evaluate customer service and IT help desk software vendors?
This white paper discusses ten groups of penetrating questions to ask Customer Service and IT Help Desk software vendors to determine their true character. A software vendor is like a spouse. Understand while you are "Dating" what life may be like after the "Honeymoon" is over. Ask these questions early in your qualification process to focus on the vendors that will be there for you long after they have your company's money. Use these questions to poke and prod at your list of vendors and then listen very carefully when they speak. What you learn will save you a great deal of time and money. Make sure to get their responses in writing!
Some topics covered include:
- What happens if we have a disagreement? Will we have to litigate?
- What's the price of modules that we may use in the future?
- What's the price of new licenses we may purchase in the future?
- Can we set up independent service desks/databases for other departments such as Human Resources so that it is private and segregated?
- Are there license options other than Fixed/Named so large groups can use the system part-time?
- Can you provide case studies documenting business results you have helped customers achieve?
- How will you obtain my company's evolving feature requirements?
- Will my company have an Account Manager (i.e. one neck to squeeze) or do we have to navigate through your organization on our own?
- Will you provide a thirty-day supported production trial without obligation?
- How often does your company provide new releases?
Click Download White Paper to read more about the ten tough questions to better qualify customer service and IT help desk vendors.