Quickly Determine the True Character of Vendors
How can you more quickly qualify and evaluate customer service and IT help desk software vendors?
This white paper discusses ten groups of penetrating questions to ask any software vendor to determine their true character. A software vendor is like a spouse. While "Dating" it is better to understand what life may be like after the "Honeymoon" is over. Ask these questions early in your qualification process to focus on the vendors that will be there for you long after they have your company's money. Use these questions to poke and prod at your list of vendors and then listen very carefully when they speak. What you learn will save you a great deal of time and money. Make sure to get their responses in writing!
Some topics covered include:
- What if my company is dissatisfied?
- What if my company finds better technology?
- Deployment "out-of-box" or at what cost?
- Preparing a TCO and comparing it to other alternatives
- Most overlooked critical details about software maintenance
- Vendor product roadmaps and commitment
- Post-implementation customization/configuration
- Routine support vs. professional service fees
- Service level agreements to manage the relationship
- Termination clauses
Click "Download White Paper" to read more about the ten tough questions to ask to better qualify customer service and IT help desk vendors.