Customer Escalations - Why You Should Reward Customers Who Complain
Be prepared for those rare escalation cases that are critical
Customer escalations not only signify a dangerously dissatisfied customer, but they can also put undue pressure on even the most organized customer service chain of command. As an irate customer works their way up the ranks, employees may be forced to deal with situations they are not trained for, which can result in the further mishandling of the customer in question.
How to avoid such a mess? Create a customer service department that is built to prevent customer escalations, but be prepared to use those rare escalation cases to improve your company.
- Be proactive.
- Create a strong first line of defense.
- Amaze and delight!
- Keep asking for more.
- Make it personal.
- Take advantage of a customer "crisis."
- After the Escalation: Keep the customers happy.
- Perform rigorous customer satisfaction surveys.
- Quote your customers.
- Woo them.
Customer Service Whitepapers
- Customer Service Best Practices - What Features and Functions You Should Look For in Customer Service Software