The current business climate of fast paced change requires IT service providers to deliver products and services at a justifiable cost without negative impacts to the infrastructure and end user. To compete in the global marketplace, IT service professionals are required to manage their infrastructure using an end to end holistic approach to deliver reliable service on a consistent basis.
Many organizations of all industries have implemented ITIL to effectively compete. Of the multiple ITIL processes, Change Management is considered difficult to implement but often shows the greatest return on investment. If you are beginning a change management process here are a few questions to consider. They will aid you in your Change Management planning and implementation process.
· How to start a Change Advisory Board?
· Is a tool required before we can start?
· Do we need a Change Coordinator?
· What metrics should be created?
· How do we involve the business customers in the process?
· How do we initiate a post-implementation review process?
Click the following for a demonstration of Giva's Hosted Change Management software.