Change Management is first and foremost a process. It is a process involving all of IT. It must have the highest management support. The following are roles and responsibilities that need to be in place before embarking on a Change Management process. These must be in place before a change management process can be successfully implemented. Consider SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) to make getting up and running faster, easier and less expensive.
- Change Manager
- Ensures the Change Process Is Followed
- Approves Low Risk Changes
- Issues Future Forward Schedule of Changes (FSC)
- Coordinates Change Building
- Reviews All Implemented Changes
- Closes Change Records
- Produces Management Reports
- Change Advisory Board (CAB)
- Reviews All Submitted Request for Changes (RFC)
- Attends Relevant CAB or CAB/EC Meetings
- Advises the Change Manger
- Emergency Committee (EC) (Subset of the CAB)
- Makes Decisions on Urgent Changes
Please see https://www.givainc.com/change-management-software/ for more information.