Develop a high-functioning help desk that goes above and beyond the competition!
When it comes to successful customer service, it's crucial to have a high-functioning help desk that goes above and beyond the competition. In order to improve, every organization must assess its current practices against those used in other organizations. The following are some Help Desk Best Practices that can be used when evaluating what your company is doing as well as what you should be doing.
- Perform customer satisfaction surveys on a regular basis.
- Implement a web-based knowledge base tool.
- Implement a web-based knowledge base tool with real-time reports, dashboards, metrics and business analytics.
- Implement service request automation processes in your help desk software.
- Use the help desk software system to increase communications with agents and customers.
- Implement a 24-hour customer self-help portal.
- Use real-time help desk reports, dashboards, metrics and analytics.
- Perform root cause analysis every day to determine why problems occur.
- Implement service level agreements linked to impact on firm revenue.
- Utilize predefined and customizable help desk reports.
- Use real-time reporting features that decrease time required to prepare reports.
- Implement an asset management system that is integrated with the help desk software system.
- Implement an integrated ITIL change management software system.